Dr. Margaret Coffey
Dr. Coffey graduated from Bastyr University before completing a residency at the Champlain Center for Natural Medicine in Vermont. She chose Missoula, Montana, as the place to establish her permanent practice and founded Yellow Pine Naturopathic Clinic in 2016. When given an opportunity to work with other naturopaths in a collaborative environment, she was excited to join in the formation of Natura Health and Wellness Clinic.
Dr. Coffey grew up in Midland, Texas, pursuing her interests in science, travel, and the outdoors. She graduated fifth in her class from the US Air Force Academy in 1995 with a BS in Chemistry, serving through 2003. Dr. Coffey’s service took her to Germany where she was exposed to a different type of medicine than what is generally practiced in the United States. She then went on to teach developmental math at Pima Community College in Tucson, Arizona, where she enjoyed using her love of educating and empowering other people to achieve their goals in a classroom setting. When she discovered naturopathic medicine, it was a perfect joining of her interests in nutrition, medicine, education, and whole person care.
When Dr. Coffey is not with patients, she enjoys hiking, skydiving, and spending time with friends and family.
Areas of Interest, Clinical Specialities, and Therapeutic Modalities
- Primary care
- Naturopathic cancer care utilizing the many modalities available today with an inclusive attitude supporting patient choice
- Intravenous nutrient therapies
- Dietary recommendations to enhance health and support healing
- Decision-making support through chronic disease management
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry), US Air Force Academy, 1995
- Masters in Business Administration, Auburn University, 2001
- Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University, 2014
- Montana Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians