Our recent article by Dr. Brayko highlighted the safety and efficacy of Vitamin C in treating COVID-19. This remains true, and we continue to recommend oral dosing of Vitamin C – for people who wish to remain well as well as anyone who may have symptoms or be diagnosed with this viral infection.
We also want to bring to your attention that research is now available from hospitals in China regarding intravenous Vitamin C in the critical care setting. An executive summary of this information is linked here. What is relevant to you, our patients, is that relatively low doses of intravenous Vitamin C have been used safely and effectively. In the limited group of patients with whom this was used, no mortality occurred, hospital stays were shortened by 3-5 days, and no side effects were reported. While we do not know how effective this intervention will be on a larger scale, we want you to know it exists.
Questions you may have:
- Should I get a Vitamin C IV now?
- No. Taking oral Vitamin C has been shown to be safe and effective for prevention and most treatment.
- We regularly use small doses of Vitamin C in our immune-boosting formulas due to its many positive effects on immune function and overall wellness. We continue to do so.
- Intravenous Vitamin C in this context is reserved for someone who is in a critical state (most likely in ICU)
- If my loved one ends up in the hospital, how do I get them this therapy?
- Please provide the attending physician the information available on our website
- Please also ask them to call us, as we understand how using an unfamiliar therapy would feel. We have the Vitamin C in our office, and we have over 30 years of combined experience in using it. We can teach any physician how to administer it per the protocol which showed promise in the Chinese hospital population.
- Can I just get intravenous Vitamin C instead of going to the hospital?
- Vitamin C IVs showed promise in conjunction with all typical hospital/ICU therapies.
Remember that our primary intention is to keep you well! Please call us to address any underlying conditions, anxiety, or troubling symptoms that you may have. We have telemedicine appointments available. Call 406-317-1965.